How do I use the sanders?
- Ensure you are wearing correct PPE.
- Ensure the extraction hood is open.
- Place your material on the table of the sander but not touching the sanding surface.
- Hold the material flat against the table. A jig may be required for irregular shaped objects.
- Check any adjustable guards are covering any of the sanding surface not being used.
- It is good practice to check the emergency stop before use.
- Start the machine and allow to reach full speed.
- Gently press the edge of your object against the sanding surface. If you are using the fence or angle guide it is important to hold the material firmly against it. This will stop the material being pulled from your hand. Never blow the dust away from your piece. This will cause settled dust to move into the air, making it more likely to be inhaled.
- When finished stop the machine and allow the bit to come to a full stop. Ensure you leave the machine clean and tidy. There is a hoover available to clean.
Next Page: What personal protective equipment (PPE) do I need to use the sanders?
Return to: Sanding menu